Sunday, April 11, 2010

genetics/heredity

Mom: attached ear lobes, no hair on fingers, no widow's peak, curly hair, smooth chin, and no smile dimples.
Dad: free ear lobes, hair on fingers, widow's peak, straight hair, cleft chin, and no smile dimples.
Me: attached ear lobes, hair on fingers, no widow's peak, curly hair, smooth chin, and smile dimples.

Both of my parents only share the recessive allele of no smile dimples. I, myself, have the dominant trait of smile dimples. My dad has also has the recessive allele of straight hair. My mom and I share the dominant allele of curly hair. All of my dad's other alleles are dominant, and all of my mom's other alleles are recessive. I mainly took after all of my mom's recessive alleles except the hair on my fingers and my smile dimples. In a way, it seems weird that both of my parents share the recessive allele of no smile dimples. I have inherited the dominant trait of smile dimples from someone else in the past. Overall, my traits seem very reasonable!

No comments:

Post a Comment