Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sun House

My future home would use solar power. There are many energy sources to choose from, all having major advantages and disadvantages, but solar power sseems to stand out as the best. I would choose a solar powered home any day because there are many advantages to this renewable energy source. First of all, you should know what solar power is... It is basically amount of energy the sun radiates. The solar house would be built using solar cells. These would convert the sunlight directly into electricity. This energy is not limited and it also does not harm our environment. I would also design my house to have large windows to absorb the sun's energy. Unfortunately, there are some disadvantages. The sun is not always there, but I know that the energy can be stored in objects called solar collectors. Another thing is the photovoltaic equipment people use is expensive, our nonrenewable sources will become scarce and prices can then be fixed. With all this equipment, the energy source itself does not cos any money and in the long run, you will be saving time and money. Solar energy is the ultimate renewable resource, and i believe that prices can be lowered, and solar energy will become a great thing in energy history.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Tristan. You had very convincing points and good facts. I agree with using solar power!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristan, very good job on your blog:) I also used solar power:). You had some good points and the disadvantages that the energy had, you had some great ways to work around them. Great job:D

    ReplyDelete